06 October 2013

10 images around Dublin


I will always be fond of Ireland. It was the first place I visited alone, and Ireland welcomed me warmly. What I remember the best is the green color of grass and the kindness of people. That journey opened me the door to the world, and invited me to keep discovering places and cultures. 



From my first two trips there I have a lot of good memories but a few pictures, so these photos are from a later trip, in March 2010, in which the weather and the sun smiled to us. 



Dublin...

Dublin Castle, a castle with an atypical form




A pub a few days before St Patrick's day





An interesting building, I don't know if it is well-known but I liked it (does anyone know what it is?) 





I like the evening light in the streets in Dublin




...and around Dublin

Powerscourt House, originally a 13th century medieval castle, the House was altered during the 18th century. Today is home of a hotel, a restaurant, some shops, a museum for children, and a big garden all around. 




Powerscourt gardens, one of Ireland's most beautiful gardens




Malahide Castle, 12th century castle





Howth port. The first time I went to Stockholm I got a seagull in a picture. Ever since I try to get birds into the pictures, and it is not easy!






Newgrange, a prehistoric monument built about 3200 BC (so it is older than Stonehenge in Scotland and the pyramids in Egypt)





And to end this first post, landscape in the evening (Newgrange)







No comments:

Post a Comment